BRAND MANAGER – BASED IN PERTH/WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Sea to Summit is a global company which develops and manufactures outdoor, travel and water sport products.
We design to provide the ultimate solutions for outdoor enthusiasts looking for innovative, durable, lightweight and compact gear. We have an immediate opening to be based out of our Perth Head Office.
(Applicants must state their suitability to this role below within their covering letter)
Our Australian business distributes the Sea to Summit brand along with 30 other leading brands including CamelBak, Black Diamond, Pacsafe, Biolite, Back Country Cuisine and Jetboil to name a few. We are an expanding business with offices in Perth, Sydney, Germany, China and Hong Kong.
The successful applicant will have a keen interest in adventure product and the lifestyle it promotes. Our team is innovative, energetic and hold very high standards. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee a suite of brands within this successful national sales operation whereby the key tasks incorporate Sales, Inventory Management, Relationship Management and Marketing.
Key tasks include:
• To formulate and carry out a strategic annual sales plan for each brand to cross our diverse marketplace
• Define your sales budget and results by market segment and by Territory
• Develop and maintain longstanding relationships with key retail buyers
• Actively diversify the market spread of your brand portfolio
• To proactively travel interstate to maintain relationships and create growth and brand presence of your brands
• Define the brand sku range to be imported into Australia, define Australian pricing and develop your sales plan
• Manage all aspects of stock management including demand planning, stock ordering and product life cycle planning
• To develop an annual marketing plan to include brand building initiatives, online exposure, special promotions, point of sale opportunities and tradeshows
• To work with our marketing department to ensure these are executed to plan
• Develop and maintain training initiatives for your brands for both internal team members and retail staff
• To develop your product knowledge to the extent where you become the brand expert
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word, and general Microsoft Office programs
• Efficient with time and the juggling of competing demands
• Able to work autonomously to keep tasks moving but is driven by being part of a wider team
• High level interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to manage information flow upwards and downwards
• Ability to forge strong and professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Competent financial and negotiation skills to manage the needs of your portfolio
• Competent in reading data and able to extract key trends or learnings and communicate to wider group
• Demonstrable experience working with cross-functional teams and able to assimilate into a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture.
The role would be suited to someone who has demonstrated experience as a successful Key Account Manager or Brand Manager. It would also offer an opportunity for someone with experience as a retail buyer to transition into wholesale sales.
A strong personal interest in outdoor or travel pursuits would be an advantage, as would a good understanding of the Sea to Summit brand and products.
This role reports direct to the National Sales Manager and is based at the Sea to Summit global head office in Perth. If you feel you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Applicants must have the right/visa to work full time in Australia.
Please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please send your application to: email@example.com