Sea to Summit is a global manufacturer of equipment for adventure and travel. Sea to Summit products are sold in 63 countries around the world and can be found in waterports, travel, climbing, family camping, homewares, gift, fishing and airport stores. The Australian distribution business sells Sea to Summit products along with other leading brands like CamelBak, Black Diamond and Pacsafe. We are a growing business with offices in Perth, Sydney, Germany, China and Hong Kong.
Assistant Brand Manager
This is a varied role where you will be assisting the Sea to Summit Brand Manager across many different areas of our domestic sales operations. The key tasks include: sales support for customers, assisting the domestic sales force, data management, assisting with forecasting and demand planning, some marketing activities plus general administration. This role will include some travel within Australia to attend trade and consumer events as required by the Brand Manager.
The primary objective will be to assist the Brand Manager to increase revenue by ensuring the sales, purchasing, planning and marketing operation is well supported. The role will suit someone that thrives in a busy environment and wants to have a direct influence on the success of the business. The role is based in Perth and reports to the Brand Manager.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide ongoing sales service and support for key customers
- Generate regular analysis and reporting around Australian sales
- Coordination of targeted sales efforts for defined categories or customers
- Manage new product submission processes for key customers
- Assist with stock management, including demand planning as part of a regular forecasting cycle
- Coordinate the shipping of marketing collateral and sales samples as required
- Regularly communicate with and provide assistance to the sales force as required (Territory Managers)
- Investigate new sales opportunities
- Attend trade and consumer events
- Provide general assistance to the Brand Manager
Essential skills required
- Sales focused with the ability to understand the needs of our customers
- Good knowledge, or ability to quickly attain such knowledge, of the Sea to Summit range of product
- Commercially minded, self motivated and able to build strong relationships
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Strong communication skills, across both written and verbal
- Extremely well organised with the ability to plan & execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Active interest in a range of outdoor activities
- Experience working in specialty retail is desirable, though this need not necessarily be specifically in the outdoor space.
Your primary responsibility will be to oversee a successful national sales operation for a small suite of brands.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Creating and executing a national Brand strategy to achieve budgeted sales targets and GP%
- Maintaining relationships and driving sales with key national retail buyers
- Working with the National Sales Manager to coordinate the sales activity of our State based sales reps
- Being responsible for all aspects of stock management including demand planning, stock ordering and product lifecycle planning.
- Helping to organise and attend both Trade and Consumer shows
- Overseeing training programs for both internal and retail staff to ensure they have the knowledge to correctly ‘sell’ our product range.
- Developing a marketing strategy with the national marketing manager to optimally position brands in the market place
- Understanding and reacting to competitor activity where appropriate
- Using sales analysis to identify and pursue new potential customers
The role would be suited to someone who has demonstrated experience as a successful Brand Manager. It would also offer an opportunity for someone with experience as a retail buyer to transition into Wholesale sales.
We are still a primarily excel based business, so proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite is important. A strong personal interest in outdoor or travel pursuits would be an advantage, as would a good understanding of the Sea to Summit brand and products.
This position is available for immediate start. The role is based in Perth and reports to the National Sales Manager.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org